Common Questions About the Rospimatic
Q. Will this product clear toilet blockages?
A. The Rothenberger Rospimatic is not designed for clearing blockages in toilet wastes.
Q. How long is the spiral?
A. The spiral length is 7.5m with a diameter of 8mm.
Directions for Use
Inserting the spiral into the pipe:
1. Tighten the pressure sensor and set the control handle to forward motion. The feeder is regulated continuously (forwards, neutral and backwards) by means of the control handle.
2. Only tighten the pressure sensor enough to ensure that the spiral can no longer be pulled by hand from the spiral container. There must be a distance of approx. 20 cm between the cleaning equipment and the pipe opening.
3. Use one hand to grip the control handle and use the other hand to start the drill moving slowly and rotating to the right.
The spiral should bore its way into the existing blockage and should not be pressed in.
4. Increase the speed depending on the cleaning problem.
Clearing the blocked pipe:
5. Use the feeder to insert the spiral into the pipe to be cleaned until resistance (blockage) is perceptible.
6. If counter-pressure (blockage) is felt, switch the control handle to a neutral position (spiral rotates on the spot) until the counter-pressure has stopped.
7. Switch the control handle to forward motion until counter-pressure (blockage) is felt then relieve again.
8. Repeat this procedure until the blockage has been cleared.
Retracting the spiral from the pipe:
9. Once the blockage has been cleared, set the control handle to reverse while the drill is rotating to the right in order to retract the spiral back into the spiral container.
10. Ensure that the spiral retracts without effort. If retraction is difficult, allow the spiral to re-enter the pipe for a short distance. Do not force the spiral to retract! The spiral must never be retracted completely inside the drum. Approx. 10 – 15 cm of the spiral remains on the outside!
Click to view the Rothenberger Rospimatic instruction manual